F Wasp Confirmed To Be In Marvel's Ant-Man | Galactic News One

Wasp Confirmed To Be In Marvel's Ant-Man


When casting rumors first began to swirl around Marvel's Ant-Man, many assumed that Evangeline Lilly would be playing Janet Van Dyne, the studio's other shrinking superhero known as the Wasp, who in the comics is married to Hank Pym, aka Ant-Man. That assumption was quickly laid to rest, when the studio confirmed that Lilly was playing Pym (Michael Douglas) and Dyne's daughter Hope, and not the superhero.

However, according to a report Collider has released about their Ant-Man set visit last year, we will be seeing the hero after all. A flashback sequence will let us know that Pym will blame S.H.I.E.L.D. and resent superheroes because of his wife's tragic fate, which at this point it's unknown if it will be death, or be trap in some alternate dimension.

This is a clever plot point, which explains what Lilly said last year about her character's upbringing.

"I was raised by two superheroes," she said of Hope Van Dyne. "So, I'm a pretty screwed up human being. I am also fairly capable, strong, and kick-ass, which is wonderful to play, but the most fun to play was just how messed up she was from being raised by two superheroes. And the clear message sent by the name is that I'm not a big fan of my father and so I took my mother's name."

Pym's resentment of S.H.I.E.L.D. and superheroes could also help shape what kind of superhero Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) turns into and eventually tie-in with Captain America: Civil War, where Rudd is expected to show up.

Ant-Man opens on July 17, 2015.

Source - Collider
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Comments: