F Harley Quinn Co-Creator Bruce Timm Reacts To Margot Robbie's Look In Suicide Squad | Galactic News One

Harley Quinn Co-Creator Bruce Timm Reacts To Margot Robbie's Look In Suicide Squad


In 1992 for the Batman: The Animated Series, Paul Dini, and Bruce Timm created Dr. Harleen Quinzel, a former Arkham Asylum psychiatrist, who becomes the villain known as Harley Quinn after meeting the Joker.

Now, while promoting Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Timm was asked what he thought of Margot Robbie's look in David Ayer's upcoming Suicide Squad.

"It's interesting," Timm told Polygon. "It's weird. Myself — being somebody who's taken characters that pre-exist and putting my own spin on them in my own little universe — I'm very aware of how when a character that I necessarily created shows up in other media that they have to adapt it and do different things with it than I would do. So I'm very open to it to see what they're going to do. I'm actually really excited. I just today, just before the show started, saw the first image of Harley Quinn from the Suicide Squad movie, and I thought 'Woah. She looks actually pretty cute!' I was actually kind of worried I thought ‘Oh, she's going to look really, really bizarre and skanky' but nah, she's not too bad. So I'm often mistaken."

io9 also spoke with the co-creator about Robbie's look. "I just saw the pic like a couple hours ago. It was interesting, I was frankly a little nervous about what Harley would look like, but I thought she looked really cool. So I’m optimistic, we see. I just saw the one shot of her in the group shot. So far so good."

Opening on August 5, 2016, Suicide Squad stars Will Smith as Deadshot, Jay Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag, Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc, Karen Fukuhara as Katana, Jay Hernandez as El Diablo, Adam Beach as Slipknot, Jared Leto as the Joker, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Scott Eastwood, Jim Parrack, and Ike Barinholtz.

Source - Polygon | io9
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment