F Herb Trimpe Passes Away At The Age 75 | Galactic News One

Herb Trimpe Passes Away At The Age 75


Legendary comic book artist Herb Trimpe, the first artist ever to draw the iconic Wolverine, has sadly passed away at the age of 75 according to his cousin Glen Baisley, who on his Facebook page wrote:

This past weekend I had the pleasure of seeing my cousin, Herb Trimpe, in action doing what he loved - meeting fans and drawing comics. I was there capturing video and interviews about his life and work with Marvel for a documentary that we were planning to work on.

Little did I know, this would be the final time I would get to see him. I wanted to share some very sad news with everyone. Monday night, Herb passed away.

He was a legend in the industry, the first artist to draw Wolverine for publication (HULK issue #181) and penciled some of the most iconic characters ever. He will be greatly missed.

Best known for his work on such titles like The Incredible Hulk, where Wolverine first appeared, The Defenders, Iron Man, and Thor, Trimpe also co-created Captain Britain and his sister Psylocke.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment