F Scott Glenn Is Really Excited To Play Stick In Netflix's Daredevil | Galactic News One

Scott Glenn Is Really Excited To Play Stick In Netflix's Daredevil


We're not the only ones ecstatic with the upcoming adaptation of Daredevil, Stick the blind martial arts master is equally excited with the upcoming Netflix exclusive 13-episode series.

While doing press for his latest film The Barber, Scott Glenn shared his enthusiasm to be playing Stick in Marvel's Daredevil.

It’s really, really exciting. It’s kinda daunting because I’ve been telling my wife for the last eight or nine years, ‘how come they’re always having me be this old guy that sits behind a desk and sends the kids out to have all this fun?’ And for Daredevil, I loved it because…I didn’t know that world at all. I mean I understood right away that like in the world of Marvel, the people that I was working with were either in the 70’s or people your age [20’s] but they all were fanatical about the world of comics.

Glenn also spoke about playing the blind martial arts master and mentor to a young and recently blinded Matt Murdock. Stick, teaches young Matt to increase the potential of his remaining senses.

I took it seriously and I realized that I had to play this character not tongue and cheek but seriously and I had to deal with something that I’ve never had to deal with as an actor in my life, which is being blind, and all of a sudden I’m kind of playing a character like Zatoichi, the blind swordsman. I’m a blind assassin and a martial arts master. So it meant aside from doing what you normally have to do as an actor such as making real emotional connections with the people you’re working with to move the story along and things like that, it also meant that you would have to be doing a ton of martial arts. I mean real Hong Kong Bruce Lee martial arts…blind. I don’t want to get into too much of the show but I was going to have to deal with that stuff for the first time in my life, so that was exciting, demanding and fun.

Daredevil premiere on April 10th.

Source - Nuke The Fridge

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment