F I Kill Giants Graphic Novel Headed To The Big Screen | Galactic News One

I Kill Giants Graphic Novel Headed To The Big Screen


Writer Joe Kelly and artist JM Ken Niimura's graphic novel I Kill Giants is heading to the big screen. The coming of age story follows a young misfit girl, who battles both real and imaginary monsters.

Director Anders Walter, who in 2014 won the Best Short Film, Live Action award at the Oscars with Helium will be making his feature film debut with I Kill Giants. The script was penned by Kelly himself, who according with producer Chris Columbus wrote a "deeply insightful story about a child using fantasy to navigate through a harsh reality, and I am excited and proud to finally be able to bring this wonderful material to the screen."

"I’m overwhelmed by the enthusiasm, vision and sheer talent of the team we’ve assembled," said Kelly. "Chris and Anders understand the book on an instinctive level and will translate it into a hell of a film. I could not be happier."

No release date has yet been announced, but the casting has already begun, and everyone involved expects to start shooting this year.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment