F Neill Blomkamp's Alien Will Be A Genetic Sibling To Aliens | Galactic News One

Neill Blomkamp's Alien Will Be A Genetic Sibling To Aliens


Last week 20th Century Fox announced that Neill Blomkamp was going to direct the next installment in the Alien franchise. The surprising news came after the director revealed that more than the concept art pieces that he shared he had actually started to work on the plot of his Alien, which according to him would see the return of Sigourney Weaver.

A week as passed and while promoting his latest film Chappie, Blomkamp elaborated on where in the franchise his film would fit.

"I want this film to feel like it is literally the genetic sibling of Aliens, so it’s Alien,Aliens and then this film."

Unlike the spinoffs, Blomkamp says that he wants to maintain the Freudian nightmare of having a monster stalking you while lurking in the shadows.

"It’s a Freudian nightmare. That element to me is what is so appealing; to put the audience on the edge of their seat the whole time in a traditional, monster-stalking-you, dark-corridor-way. I love that. And then when you mix in all of the design elements and the life cycle of the alien, it’s a powder keg of creativity for me."

Weaver was also doing the press junkets for Chappie and she says that she would love to cap off the franchise

"I would love to take Ripley out of sort of orbiting around in space and give a proper finish to what was such an excellent story. So when someone like Neill Blomkamp said, ‘Well, I’m interested in finishing the story,’ my little ears perked up… I think it’s a great series. It deserves a proper ending—I know the fans would love that."

Unlike other franchises where you ask yourself why are they picking it up so many years later, Alien seems to be one that fans and I'm sure the studio want more and more of, so I'm incline to believe that this will not be the end. Unless of course it is the end for Ripley, and the studio decides to do a new spinoff or continue on the franchise with a new leading character.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment