F Melissa Benoist Talks Playing Supergirl And Costume | Galactic News One

Melissa Benoist Talks Playing Supergirl And Costume


It's always difficult playing a superhero, but when your cousin is the biggest of them all, then you have double the pressure.

This past Saturday while attending the Film Independent Spirit Awards, Whiplash actress Melissa Benoist revealed her feelings about playing Supergirl in the upcoming CBS series from producers Greg Berlanti, and Ali Adler.

"What's so wonderful about her is that she is such a relatable character, amongst her powers," she said when Comic Book Resources asked her how she feels about the character. "What I'm the most excited about is telling a story about a human being really realizing their potential and their strength, and I think that's something that everyone will root for and want in their own lives – I'm really excited about that."

While not confirming or denying that we will be seeing Kara donning her Supergirl costume, Benoist confirmed that she's been looking at its different versions. "It's a little daunting," she laughed. "It's daunting, but that's good. I like being pushed. I work well under pressure." 

Benoist also spoke about how she feels after landing such a high zeitgeisty role. "I think if you told my five-year-old self that all this would be happening in this period of time, I would not have believed you! Because it's been really wonderful. I feel so privileged to be working and doing what I've always loved to do since I was four years old…I'm a little overwhelmed by it, to be honest."

Source - CBR

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment