F Director Phil Lord Responds To The Lego Movie Oscar Snub | Galactic News One

Director Phil Lord Responds To The Lego Movie Oscar Snub


As we all know popularity isn't on the checklist of things to consider when the Academy chooses who or what should be nominated for an Oscar. We have seen it in the past and we saw it today when they announced the nominees for the 87th Academy Awards. As usual there were some surprises and some snubs, but perhaps the one that most people are talking about was Phil Lord, and Chris Miller's Lego Movie being left out of the race for best animation.

Well Lord seems have taken the news in stride and took to Twitter to talk about it.


If had to give my two cents on the matter I would say that I concur with the Academy. I've seen all the nominees (and those that weren't) for best animation, and while I have some doubts about Big Hero 6 and The Boxtrolls being nominated, I completely agree with The Lego Movie, not because it's a terrible movie, but because it is too much happening at the same time, some well known characters seemed to have been thrown in there just because hey we know them, and the plot was a bit thin. But all is subjective and this is just my opinion. What's yours?

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment