F David Ayer Talks Suicide Squad | Galactic News One

David Ayer Talks Suicide Squad



Last week Warner Bros. announced their slate of films based on DC Comics properties. We knew prior to the announcement that a Suicide Squad film was in the works with director David Ayer in talks to direct. Well the announcement took everyone by surprise and revealed not only that Ayer will indeed be helming the movie but also that it will come right after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Now speaking to Empire, Ayer tells why he joined such a big tentpole project.

"Fury whetted my appetite for a bigger canvas and this idea of world creation,” he says. “You can do amazing things as a filmmaker if you have the proper tools, and those are time and money. I can say that it’s a Dirty Dozen with supervillains. Then I can ask the question, ‘Does a movie really need good guys?"

That is one question that not only fans have but also Sony, which despite the lack of any updates is developing its own supervillain team, The Sinister Six, which is scheduled to come out just a few months after Suicide Squad.

The roster for the supervillain team hasn't been announced yet, but while trying to catch the director off guard, Empire asks the director how would he cast Captain Boomerang.

“Like one would cast any other role,” Ayer replied. “I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m going to do what I do in my typical fever dream of directing."

Suicide Squad opens on August 5, 2016.

Source - Empire

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment