F Al Pacino Wants In On Marvel Cinematic Universe | Galactic News One

Al Pacino Wants In On Marvel Cinematic Universe


A few days ago Hollywood legend, Al Pacino praised James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy. Now Deadline caught up with the actor and asked him more about why he chose to speak out and praise the film.

"It was not something I would readily go see, but my kids got me to go, and one has to draw the line at where prejudice starts and where it ends — that was good stuff!"

Although most A-list actors and actresses want to be in a superhero movie now, there is still a bit of stigma attached to them. Not quite sure if its because they are adapted from comics, or if it's because like director David Cronenberg says - "A superhero movie, by definition, you know, it's comic book. It's for kids,it's adolescent in its core. That has always been its appeal, and I think people who are saying, you know, Dark Knight Rises is supreme cinema art, I don't think they know what the f--- they're talking about."

Pacino then goes on to explain why he liked Marvel's foray into space, Guardians of the Galaxy.

"I recognized the ingenious stuff they were doing; the invention, the attractiveness of the way they were performing it. It had Shakespearian feeling to it at times. I was caught up in the big screen, the great sound…"

As for whether the Pacino would be interested in starring in a Marvel movie, the answer is a big YES! The actor says that he would do it if he could fit in it, and reminds that he already did a comic book adaptation, which earned him an Oscar nod.

"I would do anything that I could understand in terms of how I fit in it. And you know, of course if I could fit in it. Anything’s possible. You know, I did Dick Tracy and I got an Oscar nomination, so come on. I mean, what can I say?"

What do you think? Yay or Nay?


Source - Deadline

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment