F Vincent D'Onofrio Talks Daredevil, Kingpin, And Crossing Over To The MCU | Galactic News One

Vincent D'Onofrio Talks Daredevil, Kingpin, And Crossing Over To The MCU


He was Gomer Pyle in Full Metal Jacket, he was Orson Welles in Ed Wood, he was Edgar the giant cockroach in Men in Black, he was Abbie Hoffman in Steal This Movie, and he was Carl Stargher in The Cell, and now he is Wilson Fisk, aka Kingpin in the upcoming adaptation of Marvel's Daredevil.

In a recent interview, the imposing (6' 11"/1.93m) actor talked about his experience on the show, his character, and crossing over to the MCU. The actor didn't reveal too much about the possibility of crossing over, but previous statements by Marvel did reveal that if the four upcoming shows, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist, are successful, then a Defenders movie might follow, but only if.

On his experience filming the show so far:
"I gotta tell you, I couldn’t be working for nicer people. I really am. I’m just having a great time. The whole — the way that we’re shooting it, our Daredevil, everybody that’s in the show, is just going so well. Tonight we have a big fight scene that’s happening. It’s the first time you see my character do something physical."

On the potential crossover in the MCU:
"Well, I think they have some kind of plan. I’m not really allowed to discuss what the plan is, but they have a plan. I think the beginning of the plan is series stuff with Netflix, and then they have a bigger plan to branch out, but I wouldn’t be able to tell you specifically what that is."

On what we can expect from his take on this character:
"I think – it’s not just me, by the way, it’s the writer. It’s Stephen DeKnight, it’s Jeph Loeb at Marvel, it’s the scripts, and it’s me. I think it’s gonna be the … I hope — I should say – I hope it’s gonna be the new way to look at Wilson Fisk. I think that there will be no other Wilson Fisk but this one after we’re all done with it. That’s what we’re hoping for."

The 13-episode series stars Charlie Cox, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Peter Shinkoda, and Deborah Ann Woll, and is showrunned by Spartacus creator Steven S. DeKnight.

"Marvel’s Daredevil" follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

Source - Screen Crush

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment