F Apocalypse And Steel Co-Creator Talks Apocalypse's Motivations And Says Shaq Did A Fine Job | Galactic News One

Apocalypse And Steel Co-Creator Talks Apocalypse's Motivations And Says Shaq Did A Fine Job


In a recent interview DC's Steel and Marvel's Apocalypse co-creator, Louise Simmons said that she is concerned that Apocalypse's real motivations will be either twisted or just not there, in the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse

"I don't even have any thoughts at this point," she said. "I hope they give him the right motivation. That's my real concern. Everybody seems to have kind of missed that his motive actually is to try and make stronger, better, smarter people with powers because he feels like that's what has to happen if humanity is to survive. His heart's in the right place, bless his little heart. He just went about it a little wrong. His ideal is to put stressors on humanity to force humanity to evolve, essentially. I hope that they get that right. I would love to see a script. If I saw a script I think that physically they could do a great job with him. I'm sure it will be partly CGI. It would have to be. I'm curious to see what they're gonna do. Are they gonna do the Horsemen of the Apocalypse? With the big ol' ship and all that? I just don't know. All I've heard is that theoretically they're going to use Apocalypse. I haven't even gotten any official word, I've only read it in the paper."

Her attention was then turned to what is probably one of the worst superhero movies of all time, the 1997 classic starring Shaquille O'Neal, Steel.

"Honestly, Shaq took a lot of flak but I think he did a fine job. My problems were with the script and the costume. The costume was terrible on that one. Oh god it was awful! [Laughs] Today they could do a better job. I could do a better job with the character myself."

X-Men: Apocalypse opens on May 27th, 2016.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment