F Elizabeth Olsen And Aaron Taylor-Johnson Talk Scarlet Witch And Quicksilver In Avengers 2 | Galactic News One

Elizabeth Olsen And Aaron Taylor-Johnson Talk Scarlet Witch And Quicksilver In Avengers 2


While at Godzilla's press junket, Screenrant got to talk with Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen, aka Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Olsen was asked what's like to pretend that the guy she kissed in Godzilla is now playing her twin brother in Age of Ultron.

Elizabeth Olsen: It’s awesome! [Laughs] You know, we only did a few scenes together for [Godzilla], but we spent time together in Vancouver, and I got to know his family, and we spent time together. And to play really tight twin brother and sister, it’s really lucky it’s not with some guy I jut met or something. I think we both like the fact that we have this other film [Godzilla] in our repertoire.

In past interviews the actress revealed that she is thoroughly researching the comics where her character appears, but it seems that her research doesn't end there.

Elizabeth Olsen: With ‘Avengers’, for me it was just like ‘Throw it all in!’ and just like read. And I’m still reading comics, and I love looking at fan pages for something like that. I think for something like a comic book character, that’s something else… But I’m also the first human interpretation of the Scarlet Witch, so you want to be able to honor cartoons and comics and fans and all of that. But bring your own thing to it that you’re creating. So that’s been a really fun process… But it’s awesome because she’s dope.

The actress then compared working on her first big CGI film (Godzilla) versus Joss Whedon's Avengers 2.

Elizabeth Olsen: It such a different world. It’s so crazy. The main difference is that in ‘Godzilla’ you’re reacting to something that isn’t there, and in something like ‘Avengers’, you’re approaching and almost interacting with something that’s not there. [Pauses then laughs]. And so that’s what the main difference is for me, right now.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson spoke briefly about his process when shooting a movie.

Taylor-Johnson: I don’t sort of narrow myself down into any sort of like pocket of genre. I literally just go on the back of the filmmaker and the character, you know? I have to feel that character, believe that character, relate to him, so on… And the filmmaker is hugely important, because at the end of the day it’s their vision, and you’re going to spend three, six months in that world.

The actor then spoke about his struggle to revisit a character in a sequel.

Taylor-Johnson: I think I’d breach those when it comes to the sequels… I guess so, you know? [Laughs] I’m just taking it one day at a time.

Is this an indication that he will return for another MCU movie after Avengers 2?

At the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, in the mid-credit scene, we get our first official look at three characters from Avengers 2, Baron Wolfgang von Strucker played by Thomas Kretschmann, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, who in the clip is displaying her telekinetic powers.

Elizabeth Olsen: What am I doing [in the clip]? Whatever it looks like [Laughs]. I don’t know if I’m allowed to say Anything! I’m so terrified about everything Marvel!

Currently in production, Avengers: Age of Ultron stars Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, James Spader as Ultron, Thomas Kretschmann as Baron Strucker, Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, Paul Bettany as Vision and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and opens on May 1st, 2015.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment