F Zack Snyder Responds To Joel Silver’s Watchmen Criticism | Galactic News One

Zack Snyder Responds To Joel Silver’s Watchmen Criticism


Last week producer Joel Silver talked about Terry Gilliam’s defunct adaptation of Alan Moore’s Watchman and said that director Zack Snyder’s version was “too much of a slave to the material”. Well that didn’t sit well with the director, who alongside his wife and producing partner, Deborah Snyder, talked about Silver’s comments in an interview to The Huffington Post.

"If you read the Gilliam ending, it's completely insane," Zack said, referring to the ending where Doctor Manhattan prevents his own making which causes a quite a few changes to the story.

"The fans would have been thinking that they were smoking crack," added Deborah Snyder.

"The fans would have stormed the castle on that one," Zack said. "So, honestly, I made Watchmen for myself. It's probably my favorite movie that I've made. And I love the graphic novel and I really love everything about the movie. I love the style. I just love the movie and it was a labor of love. And I made it because I knew that the studio would have made the movie anyway and they would have made it crazy. So, finally I made it to save it from the Terry Gilliams of this world."

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment