F Clerks III To Begin Shooting In May And More From Kevin Smith | Galactic News One

Clerks III To Begin Shooting In May And More From Kevin Smith


Kevin Smith fans will be happy to know that the filmmaker’s plans to retire after making Clerks III will not go through. The director posted on his Facebook page that he will be entering in 2014 with a new film titled Helena Handbag and a new creative spirit.

"[F]rom now until I drop dead, I'm only ever gonna make a flick that only I would/could ever make," Smith posted today to his Facebook page. "'Jersey Girl,' 'Zack & Miri,' 'Cop Out' - while I love them all, these are movies anybody could make. Like 'em or hate 'em, nobody else but me could've (or would've) ever made 'Clerks'. Or 'Chasing Amy'. Or 'Dogma'. Or 'Red State'. Or 'Clerks II'. Or 'Mallrats'. Or 'Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back'. I let my view askew get standardized for awhile there - so much so that I was happy to walk away from it all for three years and do other s--t. But after conceiving and shooting 'Tusk' in less than 6 months (with the help of a s--t ton of amazing professionals and a budget smaller than that of 'Red State'), I realized that film isn't in my blood... MY films are in my blood. And some of 'em are still in there, so I better get 'em out!"

Smith then goes on by saying that Tusk will be finished next month, Clerks III should begin shooting in May and after that he is planning to do Helena Handbag, which has a similar origin as Tusk.

"The idea is to, once again, take an episode of SModcast and turn it into a movie," he says. "...[T]his time the plot of the movie concerns mankind teaming up with Hell to save existence from extinction at the hands of a Rapturing giant Jesus - which means the budget has to be LOW, because NOBODY'S gonna wanna make that movie. At all. And I know this going in, so I won't be heartbroken if it never goes beyond the script. But... if the script is funny enough? Who knows?"

Tusk has no release date but should open this year.

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment