F Joseph Kosinski Talks Tron 3 | Galactic News One

Joseph Kosinski Talks Tron 3


In a recent interview to SFN director Joseph Kosinski talked about the development of Tron 3, comparing it to Empire Strikes Back and filmmaking.

“The TRON sequel is still in early stages, it’s still in the script stage,” he said “So I can’t say if and when that would go into production but the fundamental idea of the movie is something I’m very excited about, it delivers on the ideas that we set up in Legacy, especially at the end in the last five minutes, so that one is a work in progress.”

“That’s what excites me about it,” he says. ”Even though Legacy was technically a sequel, because it was 30 years later we really had to do a lot of heavy lifting with a lot of backstory and establish all new characters, so it really was a foundation building movie.”

“What was really exciting to me about a sequel to that, like in Empire, is that you can pick up the story mid-stride and just be off to the races from the opening frame because there already is an understanding between you and the audience about what story you’re telling and who the characters are. And to me that’s what’s exciting about that, is being able to expand on that world in that way.”

“A lot of filmmaking is a lot of hard work, it’s getting up early, it’s standing on sets for 16 hours, it’s drinking bad coffee, it’s working through problems, and you need something really inspiring to drive through all of that, so for me it’s all about looking for ‘What is that idea, what is that concept that I just can’t get out of my head that I’ve become slightly obsessive with?’”

Kosinski is also attached to do a remake of Disney’s sci-fi classic The Black Hole, but after hearing him talk about Tron 3, I’m guessing he is going to do this first and the remake after.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment