F Cumberbatch In Star Wars: Episode VII? | Galactic News One

Cumberbatch In Star Wars: Episode VII?


Last week we posted the actress Rachel Hurd-Wood was the front runner for the spot of Leia and Han daughter and actor actor Alex Pettyfer was to be Luke Skywalker’s son in the upcoming J.J. Abrams StarWars: Episode VII. In the same post we said that some big casting news were to be announced that very same day. Well … that didn’t happened, but what could qualify as some big casting news? Benedict Cumberbatch maybe?

Let me begin by saying that this is just a rumor. According to FC, Cumberbatch is going to re-team with J.J. Abrams for an unspecified role in the upcoming Star Wars sequel. In an interview to TF, the actor spoke about Star Wars:

“I’ve already asked him if I can be a lightsaber and we’re in talks – about whirring sounds and the rates for the lights and everything [laughs].

“I thought, ‘Yeah, I grew up with them,’ and I just looked recently at when they were released and now I’m like, ‘No, I didn’t grow up with them, I was born with them.’ They were a huge part of my background, and my upbringing.

“I was much more connected to [Star Wars] as a kid, in the way that a lot of kids are because it’s immediate storytelling, very simple – a beautifully, outrageously simple narrative in a way – and a wonderful three-act melodrama, opera. And I loved them. I really, really loved those films and I always wanted to be Han Solo. Everything Harrison Ford did I just thought was the coolest thing ever.”

There might be something to this, putting aside that Cumberbatch has worked with Abrams, and that he too likes Star Wars, he recently stepped down from Guillermo del Toro’s upcoming Crimson Peak, without an apparent reason, but what is suspicious is that Crimson Peak and Star Wars start rolling at about the same time, so … coincidence or not?  
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment