F Spawn Remake To Begin Production Next Year? | Galactic News One

Spawn Remake To Begin Production Next Year?


The Gate reports that Todd McFarlane is trying to finish some work before focusing 100% on the script for the Spawn remake, which needs to be delivered by the end of the year. In the interview McFarlane says that the movie will be a horror/thriller movie, and that it will have big names (Jamie Foxx showed interest in playing the part).


In 1997 there was a feature film adaptation of Spawn starring Michael Jai White as Spawn, John Leguizamo as Violator, Martin Sheen as Jason Wynn and Theresa Randle as Wanda Blake. The movie opened the door to other film makers, writers and particularly the studios to try bring other comics or graphic novels to the big screen.

 Why so long?
“The thing that keeps slowing it down is that the negotiation I’ve done is I write, produce, direct, but I’ve got to push a lot of my other endeavors off to the side so I can just get tunnel vision on it. Everybody at my company is now going, ‘We’ve got to find Todd the time to finish all this.’”

How long will it take to shoot?
“I think it’s a quick shoot. It’s not going to be a giant budget with a lot of special effects, it’s going to be more of a horror movie and a thriller movie, not a superhero one. I’ve got so many people phoning now that I’ve got to get it done. I’ve made some promises to people this year.”

How about the cast?
“We’ve had some big names […] come into the office and go, ‘We want to be in it.’ Sometimes they give me their pitch, I give them my pitch, I go, ‘We can get in it, this is how it goes,’ and so those types of actors–Academy Award guys–they’re going, ‘As soon as that scripts done, we’re going.’ So once we get this thing done, we’ll get it off the ground with some big names.”

When will you start?
“The reality is I’ve got a lot of pressure. They want me to deliver the script by the end of the year, which would basically mean we’d be shooting next year. So that’s the goal right now.“The thing that keeps slowing it down is that the negotiation I’ve done is that I write, produce, and direct. So I’ve got to push a lot of my other endeavors off to the side, so I can get tunnel vision on it, and so everybody in my company is now going, ‘We’ve got to find Todd the time to finish all this.’ I think it’s a sixty to seventy day shoot. I think it’s a quick shoot. It’s not going to be a giant budget with a lot of special effects. It’s going to be more of a horror movie and a thriller movie, not a superhero one. Anyway, I’ve got so many people phoning now, I’ve got to get it done.”


Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment